7 Steps To Change Your Life: Painting The Big Picture
Creating Your Road Map
You can’t get to your destination without a road map. How soon do you want your dream to be a reality? Get a pen and a notebook and brainstorm your dream. Are there changes you can make right now? Are there financial hurdles you need to figure out how to get over or resources you need to acquire? Think about all the hurdles you need to overcome and the options you have and things you need to do to make your dream a reality? Are there several options? If not, keep thinking and brainstorming. You need at least 5-10 solid workable options that could help you propel toward your dream. Write them down. As you work through each option you will begin to learn which one will work, which ones might work and which ones won’t work.
This is a part of your journey where having accountability partners in your life that you trust is essential. You will need someone to share your ideas with. Someone who can give you honest advice and you can further evaluate your options. When I was making my plan to move to Las Vegas, I spent many nights on the phone with my daughter sharing and evaluating my options with her. She was able to help me see the areas of my plan that needed more work and the areas that needed to be added to or eliminated altogether.
Brainstorming Your Dream
So what does that have to do with brainstorming YOUR dream? EVERYTHING! When you are creating your plan and thinking about what you can implement in your life to your life, the most important thing you can do is to STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE! What do I mean by that? Don't try to take someone else's success journey as if it were your own. You have to dig deep within you and figure out what YOU need to do to reach your goals. Sure what other people did might work for you, but you won't know that if you don't take a look with in yourself first.
The one thing I heard in network marketing that I believe DOES work for everyone is "Pray like it's all up to God and work like it's all up to you." God doesn't need our help to do anything, but sometimes he is waiting on US to step up and do the things he has called us to do or start taking steps in the right direction towards the dreams has placed in our hearts before he will start pouring out his blessings. Often times he wants to see that we are committed before he gives us "more". Luke 12:48 says, "But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I can promise you this from my own experience, when you take the leap of faith and start taking steps towards your dream consistently, God will open the flood gates of blessings and opportunities and doors will start flying open that you never imagined you would be able to go through.
On a piece of paper start writing all the ideas that come to you that will help you get closer to making your dream a reality. Review your options daily. New ideas and thoughts will come to you as you do this. Write those down too. Start making the changes you can or need to make TODAY, no matter how big or small toward making your dream a reality. For instance putting money into a savings account to build an emergency savings fund or paying off debt, doing market research for a business you want to start, learning a new skill or trade so you can get a better job. Remember, you don't have to be great to get started but you have to get started to be great. These small steps are the springboard to putting your plan into action.
PIN IT ON PINTEREST
1. Take your list of hopes and dreams and organize them in order of importance to you with number one being THE MOST IMPORTANT to you right now. How soon do you want your dream to be a reality? Get a pen and a notebook and brainstorm your dream. Make a list of all the ways you can start taking baby steps towards making your dream a reality.
2. Create lots options for your success plan. Make a list of at least 21 reasons why this particular hope & dream is so important to you. Be specific! Write down each option and save it. If you need to use it late you will know what it is!
3. Make a list of everything that has kept you from achieving this goal in the past and what is keeping you from achieving it now.
4. Find at least one person in your life, that you trust, who loves you and wants the best for you and share your dream with them and ask them to be your accountability partner.
5. See in your mind’s eye what you want your life to look like. Believe that God will give you the ability to achieve the dreams you are after. Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now to him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think."
In the next post we we will be talking about putting one foot forward to walking towards your success and how to overcome fears and hesitations along the way.
WANT TO SEE MORE POST LIKE THIS? READ THE POST SERIES:
What We Think About, We Bring About
You Know Your Most Important Dream, Now What?
Labels: Bible Studies, Blog, Change Your Life, Podcast, Women
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]